Citi J. Yousoff from Kelantan, Malaysia, is qualified with an Ijaza from the Venerated Master Hasan Çelebi in Turkey for Thuluth and Naskh scripts. Her works are centred around the traditional arts of Islamic calligraphy with elements of traditional Malay Islamic motifs and contemporary art. She has led workshops at the Islamic Arts Museum Malaysia for over five years.
- 16 classes every Sunday starting from 1 October 2023
- 2.30pm - 5.30pm
- Education Workshop, Islamic Arts Museum Malaysia
- Students with experience will learn two Arabic scripts: Naskh and Thuluth.
- Beginner students will start by learning the Riq’ah script.
- The teacher will guide students on how to write the Arabic alphabet, followed by joined letters and full sentences thereafter. There will also be instruction on how to properly cut the reed pen or qalam.
- Classes will be conducted in both the Malay and English languages.
- The class fee includes only basic materials for the course.
For registration or further inquiries, please send your details to email@example.com or give us a call at 03-2092 7033.