- Postgraduate Degree or minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Conservation of Paintings or equivalent training and work experience
- Minimum period of practical experience, accumulated work experience [internship, practice, work experience [in total: 2 years]. Experienced, Practicing Conservator preferred.
- Will consider entry level of conservation professionals or according to proven qualification
- Strong understanding of the chemistry of materials and the techniques of conservation practices
- Ability to work independently or with team members
- Strong critical thinking and applied problem solving skills
- Ability to multitask and ability to perform physical labor as required [e.g. movement of paintings in frames]
- Experience with art framing & mounting, handling and packing is a plus
- Perform other duties, in relation to the work of a Conservator, as may be assigned
- Additional knowledge & skills in other fields of Artefacts/Objects – Conservation is an extra asset, as well as knowledge of Art History and/or Islamic Art (History)
- Carrying out Paintings Conservation on historic and contemporary paintings [incl. Frames] and sharing experience with other Conservators and Trainees;trains/upgrades existing staff
- Examining and treating of Paintings and related collection's material
- Contributing to and working on the physical well-being of the Painting Collection of the IAMM, which is on canvas and wood panels [some on painting-board]
- Contributing to the protection of the collection from further deterioration;
- Contributing to the processes involved in pest control & fumigation;
- packing and shipping; the control of temperature, relative humidity and light; the design and mounting of exhibitions and the control and improvement of display and storage conditionWorking on and being involved in, the proper documentation of respective artefacts.Involvement in supervision work on oil-painting, of conservation-staff & junior conservators.
- Contributing to the physical well-being of the overall collection in terms of e.g. preventive conservation suggestions/advices
- Carrying out active preventive and interventive conservation on respective objects [if additional qualification in this field, is proven by study or training]
- Assisting in and /or conducting training programs and/or educational activities related to conservation and restoration of artefacts with specific focus on painting conservation, in connection with our Education & Outreach Program.
- Any other works and/or services that the Head of Conservation Department and/ or Deputy Head of Conservation Department or the Museum Director may assign, in relation to the duty of a Conservator.
Applications to be email to: email@example.com
Accompanying documents: CV & Portfolio / Work Documentation
We will screen all applicants and select candidates whose qualifications seem to meet our needs. We will carefully consider your application during the initial screening and will contact you if you are selected to continue in the recruitment process. We wish you every success.